The greatest pleasure in sailing comes from the ability to participate. Fundamental skills are all you need to move from being a passenger to being welcomed aboard as a competent member of the crew. With the techniques you learn in this course you will instantly be helpful to any skipper — whether day sailing on San Francisco Bay or bareboat chartering in a tropical paradise. It is more fun to be confident on the water!
Become a Confident Crew
Students per Boat
Saturday and Sunday
9 am – 4 pm each day
Successful completion prepares you to:
- Be completely involved when invited sailing and feel like a part of the crew and a real asset while aboard a sailboat.
- Crew for any skipper on boats of various sizes.
- Completely understand how people sail and learn how to truly enjoy the sport.
Good to know:
- If you are looking for a more thorough and intensive option, you may consider our Basic Keelboat package.
- Both days of your course will primarily be spent on the boat. After a short classroom discussion, we’ll head down to the docks.
This course prepares you to take the following courses: Our Crew Course is not required prior to Basic Keelboat, but that would be the next step for folks who want to learn more.