Day on the Bay Sail
Purchase by Feb 29, 2016. Use by April 24, 2016.
Out of stock
You will join one of OCSC’s professional instructors and be part of a six-person crew aboard one of our larger boats. Learn some basic sailing concepts and get a real feel for the wind in your sails. The sail will be hands-on and the professional instructor will be there to teach the basics as well as direct the boat around the bay.
Participants per Boat
10 AM – 4 PM
Our boats typically fill up quickly, so if you’ve ever wanted to go sailing on the San Francisco Bay, reserve a spot today!
- Maximum of six participants plus the professional skipper
- Your Day on the Bay sail will be a hands-on experience. You’ll be exposed to different roles and positions on the yacht, including the helm (driver) position.
- Come prepared! Bring soft-soled tennis or boat shoes, sunglasses, a hat for sun protection, sunscreen, and a warm sweater or light jacket.
- Bring your own lunch for the stop at Angel Island. We’ll provide the ice and cooler for your drinks.
- This activity is designed for people who want to get a glimpse of sailing to see if they really like it. However, we bet that after this sailing experience, you’ll want to start one of our formal beginning programs like Basic Keelboat.
- We will spend a short time with you after your sail, giving you a tour of the rest of our 50-yacht fleet and our 10,000 square-foot facility as well as answering your questions about our program and what it’s like to learn to sail.